Tools and Scripts Main Page
No-Frames Navigation System Main Page
CES Ltd Economic and Social Research
is a non profit research
company, focusing on the spatial aspects of economic and social
change, and the organisation and delivery of private and public
Our main activities are:
- Modelling the competition between shopping locations across Great
Britain, to predict where
people will shop in the next few years. The model - 'CES Aegis', was originally calibrated against survey data
- Modelling the potential impact of shopping developments - CES Aegis
has been used to assess major national and regional shopping destinations
and to small district centres.
- Modelling geographic usage patterns for other services - such as medical
- Projecting the geographic variation in population and spending by households, on
different goods and services up to ten years ahead.
- Analysing how organisations can be structured to deliver services to users on a one to one personal
basis. This uses simulation methods.
- Comment and analysis on economic and social issues - including energy
Our approach is to analyse social and
economic change, using formal models where appropriate, so as to understand
the processes underlying change.
Dr. T. A. Broadbent (Andrew Broadbent) is
the research director. Other research associates collaborate as