CES Ltd Economic and Social Research is a non profit research company, focusing on the spatial aspects of economic and social change, and the organisation and delivery of private and public services. email@example.com
Our main activities are:
- Modelling the competition between shopping locations across Great Britain, to predict where people will shop in the next few years. The model – ‘CES Aegis’, was originally calibrated against survey data
- Modelling the potential impact of shopping developments – CES Aegis has been used to assess major national and regional shopping destinations and small district centres.
- Modelling geographic usage patterns for other services – such as medical and other public services.
- Projecting the geographic variation in population and spending by households, on different goods and services up to ten years ahead.
- Analysing how organisations can be structured to deliver services to users on a one to one personal basis. This uses simulation methods.
- Comment and analysis on economic and social issues – including energy alternatives.
Our approach is to analyse social and economic change, using formal models where appropriate, so as to understand the processes underlying change.
Dr. T. A. Broadbent (Andrew Broadbent) is the research director. Other research associates collaborate as appropriate.